Re: Development versions

> even more people would use them if they found them on the official mirrors
> --- maybe this isn't a problem.  I could (as Richard used to do) make the
> directory unbrowsable, so you could only retrieve the file if it was there,
> but this would mean everyone getting the file from Australia, although
> that's not much of a difficulty nowadays.  Maybe other people have strong

Whichever way is fine, as long as I can get it; wget not working is
a minor annoyance, but lynx will still get the file.

But seeing how often people are referred to a "pws" interim release
on the grounds that it is less buggy and more featureful than 3.1.6
makes me wonder if the "point" releases are too infrequent.  It is
the unstable/development tree, after all.