Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64
- X-seq: zsh-workers 23428
- From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: problems with 4.3.4 and Tru64
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:28:50 +0100
- In-reply-to: <20070510222647.GA45037@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <Pine.OSF.4.64.0705101117330.479844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20070510175541.GA67479@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <alpine.OSF.0.99.0705102221080.265865@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20070510222647.GA45037@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phil Pennock wrote:
> > > If these display fine, then multibyte is working and parts of zle are
> > > working; the problem will be in input processing. If these don't
> > > display, then the problem's not in the input processing.
> > Touche, that works!
> > Now, how to fix input processing?-)
The fact they display doesn't tell you very much. You also need to
check that once you've got them on the command line they behave like a
single character. The easiest way is just to move the cursor and check
it doesn't go to far (which it will if doesn't recognise the two bytes
as a single character).
If that's really working, input processing is quite involved to check.
The key function for this is getrestchar() in Src/Zle/zle_main.c. This
should recognise the first byte is an incomplete character and the
second byte completes it. I don't think this an easy way to avoid
debugging the insides.
> What I have noticed is that the configure tests for multibyte changed
> between 4.3.2 and 4.3.4. It might be helpful for those who _can_ debug
> these if you can dig out config.log and config.h from both the 4.3.2 and
> 4.3.4 builds and put them on a webserver, posting the URLs here. At a
> _very_ brief look, it seems that there was a move to checking for
> existence of the standardised API for widechar handling.
I think we've already gone through this by showing that the multibyte
option is on by default.
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> Software Engineer
CSR PLC, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, UK Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070
To access the latest news from CSR copy this link into a web browser: http://www.csr.com/email_sig.php
To get further information regarding CSR, please visit our Investor Relations page at http://ir.csr.com/csr/about/overview
Messages sorted by: