Re: PATCH: isearch match highlighting

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 21:49:01 -0400
"Matt Wozniski" <godlygeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep, works now - and looks very nice, though I wonder if we could set
> it up in a way that would let us change the fg or bg color of the
> text, rather than just reverse/standout/underline?

I should get around to that before long.  I don't think it should be too
hard.  I'd like to use standard termcap AF/AB codes for this instead of the
hacked-in (surprise!) colors we currently use in completion, but it doesn't
seem to be that easy to set defaults etc. that way.  Maybe Geoff knows
about this.

> That said, I found a regression in history-incremental-search-backward
> that's in CVS but not 4.3.6, so my guess is that it's caused by
> something in this patch (though I didn't back this patch out to
> double-check that assumption - I'm not very good at working with CVS).
>
> zsh -f
> mastermind% bindkey -e
> mastermind% ^R-ff^H^He
> failing bck-i-search: -e_
> if you backspace again and retype the e, it changes to a succeeding bck-i-search
> then, ^G and do
> mastermind% ^R-f^He
> bck-i-search: -e_
>
> So, whatever the bug is, it seems to require more than one backspace
> to trigger it for some reason...

I've seen something like this, but unfortunately I can't get it to happen
reproducibly.  Something might not be being initialised properly.