Re: changing bindings in isearch mode?

On Jan 21, 11:01pm, Greg Klanderman wrote:
} Subject: Re: changing bindings in isearch mode?
}
} >>>>> Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
}
} > accept-search is no different than undefined-key in this context,
}
} Actually, that's not true.

What I wrote was:

: the reasons no one's bothered
: before include (1) accept-search is no different than undefined-key
: in this context

Please note the word "before".  It's hardly fair to wait until the
implementation changes and then call me a liar for describing the
previous implementation.

} If a key is undefined in the isearch map, it is looked up in the main
} map, whereas if a key is bound to accept-search in the isearch map, it
} has the desired effect.

True for zsh where there is such a thing as the isearch map.  Before
that existed, the only way to have an undefined key in isearch mode
was to *change the main keymap* to one where that key was undefined.

Which I believe it would work to do with a wrapper as I explained in
workers/26350.