Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: git --pretty completion, and (new) completion for npm
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29640
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: git --pretty completion, and (new) completion for npm
- Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 17:05:13 +0200
- Cc: Johan Sundström <oyasumi@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=V1pbFopcnDpdsQP3D9FbcOf6hWkJKvK//o8Pg5EKr1Y=; b=s2Teg2kEkgg6Q6hohhcAFwO0teQ7kVADqDS6euxF6pLRBkyzBFrRSv2Qm8QLl0fTmO ncDmz4VJVmgaqs1CI167tt009PLHsW8V/0DWfUtYyeOSnleHH3DALMvkhDrzI1BfR36+ QRf7fxPzvEakCoZCCo2U/XLhuPr4JxvOpdxHc=
- In-reply-to: <CADdV=Mumat6Zim7whWOS64-Rzde6WZKZXQeD6Mc0B4kjm9WQYg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTi=Evf1nLVkKF9pr0t_hdzuTXJNi0nA6bcD9KBdT@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <AANLkTikdnYQWz=kKeiasBE7wG+rO2=+HSKQet53BkQK1@mail.gmail.com> <CADdV=Mumat6Zim7whWOS64-Rzde6WZKZXQeD6Mc0B4kjm9WQYg@mail.gmail.com>
2011/8/3 Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>:
> 2011/3/20 Johan Sundström <oyasumi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:35, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Johan Sundström wrote:
>>> > I took to adding documented completion for to the git completer for
>>> syntax that
>>> > is impossible to remember and hard to find in the man page; git log
>>> > (and whichever other commands support --pretty / --format) now covers the
>>> > lot except %w, which seemed like it would need a whole little state
>>> machine in
>>> > itself.
>>> Hm. This only works for stuff directly after the `=', doesn't it? As in:
>>> % git log -1 --pretty=%<tab>
>> Correct; enough to document what the properties are when there's just the
>> one you're interested in (for me it's usually %H for the commit hash), but
>> sub-ideal for longer formats.
>> But not in:
>>> % git log -1 --pretty="%H %<tab>
>>> That would be pretty useful, don't you think?
>> It certainly would, but I fear my completion beard is not quite long enough
>> yet for me to pull off that state machine, myself. :-)
> This was never applied. Is anyone interested in having this added?
> If so, it should be cleaned up and should probably add proper %w
> handling and multiple-item handling.
Not sure if this helps you,
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2011/msg00861.html but it also
completes a bunch of %stuff after an assignment, so it seems similar.
Messages sorted by: