Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: git --pretty completion, and (new) completion for npm
- X-seq: zsh-workers 29641
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>
- To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: git --pretty completion, and (new) completion for npm
- Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 17:21:24 +0200
- Cc: Johan Sundström <oyasumi@xxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=t8SayjRmkduQAbm3eu3XFYOmGybxTE9d6M6FqjGp9cg=; b=w/3g3jztOPwjAsTbL93SdbI+yDcG4nFcflp0boSAjOh9MrCgoikf8yJqmkadHVcRZp +Lwa6RicEzlkmt6eDVxXngk/COULMIRCAadFmav+lvyRTOWKg7aUGgyiTZgB0rrz+Hoe ++km5xfTbCcUKpqkBLb2F59ptJ+IzvfNPvHxg=
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3R7VM=oxOTF6c5BSrXO-TF65cKoWv6Sm+1XakWiVhLr_A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <AANLkTi=Evf1nLVkKF9pr0t_hdzuTXJNi0nA6bcD9KBdT@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <AANLkTikdnYQWz=kKeiasBE7wG+rO2=+HSKQet53BkQK1@mail.gmail.com> <CADdV=Mumat6Zim7whWOS64-Rzde6WZKZXQeD6Mc0B4kjm9WQYg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHYJk3R7VM=oxOTF6c5BSrXO-TF65cKoWv6Sm+1XakWiVhLr_A@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 17:05, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/8/3 Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxxx>:
>> 2011/3/20 Johan Sundström <oyasumi@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 03:35, Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> Johan Sundström wrote:
>>>> > I took to adding documented completion for to the git completer for
>>>> syntax that
>>>> > is impossible to remember and hard to find in the man page; git log
>>>> > (and whichever other commands support --pretty / --format) now covers the
>>>> > lot except %w, which seemed like it would need a whole little state
>>>> machine in
>>>> > itself.
>>>> Hm. This only works for stuff directly after the `=', doesn't it? As in:
>>>> % git log -1 --pretty=%<tab>
>>> Correct; enough to document what the properties are when there's just the
>>> one you're interested in (for me it's usually %H for the commit hash), but
>>> sub-ideal for longer formats.
>>> But not in:
>>>> % git log -1 --pretty="%H %<tab>
>>>> That would be pretty useful, don't you think?
>>> It certainly would, but I fear my completion beard is not quite long enough
>>> yet for me to pull off that state machine, myself. :-)
>> This was never applied. Is anyone interested in having this added?
>> If so, it should be cleaned up and should probably add proper %w
>> handling and multiple-item handling.
> Not sure if this helps you,
> http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2011/msg00861.html but it also
> completes a bunch of %stuff after an assignment, so it seems similar.
Thanks, though I think I have a grip on how it should be done (I do
something similar already in parts of the git-config completion, I
believe). I was, however, hoping that someone else would take a look
and do it :-).
Messages sorted by: