Re: SH_GLOB influence on a script and on an autoload function

On 7 September 2016 at 20:28, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Sep 7, 12:39pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> I'm thinking about a far away
> } possibility that one could fully work with emulate sh, having completions
> } not reporting errors.
>
> I've lost track of this thread.  What present error is being addressed?
> Seems to me that completion uses zsh syntax internally, so you'd be more
> likely to have an error in the other direction, i.e., the command line
> expects SH_GLOB but the internals treat it like zsh ...?

I sometimes think about making emulate sh a possible interactive setting.
Let it just be that one would be able to temporarily switch to sh to check
something and then switch back. Currently there are errors reported:

# zsh -f
% autoload compinit
% compinit
% cd<Tab>
Applications/                      PRINT/
Save/                              github/                            test/
<Ctrl-C>
% emulate sh
% cd<Tab>
_cd:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `tmpcdpath '
_next_label:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `funcstack ...'
_path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `pfx '
_path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `prepaths '
_path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `ignore '
_path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `ignore'
_main_complete:332: bad math expression: operator expected at `lastdescr'
_main_complete:372: bad math expression: operator expected at
`comp_color...'

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski