Re: zsh's answer to the bash completion fm project

* Thomas Köhler <jean-luc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2002-04- 3 14:24:31 +0200]:
> Seems like it's not needed. zsh comes with tons of functions
> predefined for the new completion system ;)

  I know, but I've found that when you give people an avenue to
contribute their own, one Lego at a time, you can often wind up with
something pretty amazing in the end (sort of like Open Source in general
:).  Perhaps any output from this hypothetical project could be folded
into zsh's stock configuration periodically, at which point we would
zero our config files and start over.
  I've played around a lot with zsh's preloaded functions, and they are
certainly very extensive, but there's always more stuff to do.  The
example that pops to mind is a compctl "recipe" that allows dd to do
filename completion on arguments that start with (for example) "if=" and
"of=".

--
john@xxxxxx