zsh-beta vs zsh Debian package (was: Re: Zsh on Debian [...])

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 02:15:40AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2012-09-10 20:42:15 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > There are three full distributions in Debian: stable, testing and
> > unstable. (For better overview I ignore oldstable and experimental.)
>
> I wouldn't even say the experimental is a distribution; it's more a
> set of packages.

Yes, it's an add-on to Unstable (or Testing) without propagating the
packages elsewhere (except maybe to Ubuntu ;-), nothing more. That's
why I ignored it as mentioned above. :-)

> For zsh, there are zsh and zsh-beta, but I don't really see the point
> of having both in stable (this may have been interesting in the past,
> but it seems that in the past few years, zsh has evolved slowly enough
> so that only one version would be needed in stable).

I agree.

> So, how about removing zsh-beta from testing (hoping that it is not
> too late) and make it no longer affected by freezes?

Cc'ing the Debian Zsh Packaging Team and Clint for comments as Clint
currently maintains the zsh-beta package.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)