Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2015-02-22 17:44:27 -0800, Kurtis Rader wrote:
> > I have several Linux virtual-machines and, yes, the emulated serial
> > console has a hard-coded black background. Boo-hoo.
>
> Hard-coded? Not for the standard Linux console (a.k.a. VT 1-6).
> The color can be changed with:
>
>   setterm --background white --foreground black --store

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. I meant to say the default colors.
I've never bothered to look up how to alter the linux console background
color because I, and any sane person, uses it only for initial
bootstrapping and error recovery -- not on an ongoing basis. Which doesn't
change my point that just because people use zsh via mechanisms that don't
provide a convenient means of controlling the background color does not
mean we should add another option to zsh.

--
Kurtis Rader