Re: Avoiding the zshells intelligence...in one case

On 24/01/17 07:46 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jan 2017, Ray Andrews wrote:

But you can single quote, no?
Of course, but I thought this whole discussion was about turning other
things off so that you didn't need quotes.

Sorta, but if one method is possible then an option would work too, it's simply another method of transmitting an instruction. And ... you said that 'eval' strips quotes? I use eval to re-expand globs and just a while back you showed me another way so ...maybe all my grief comes from 'eval' and that's where I keep losing quotation?? Nuts.