Re: Better Help Docs Searching?

> On 03 August 2021 at 10:40 Zach Riggle <zachriggle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> ## Building Docs from Source
> Thanks for the information.  I might be misinterpreting your
> information ("earlier stage...uses what's there") so I tried a "make
> all" and the Docs/ directory seems to be in an even worse situation.
>
> I also took "If you don't have Yodl" to mean "not having Yodl
> installed / a yodl binary in $PATH".  I don't see anything that I can
> "brew install" that handles this, and having checked out the source
> code for yodl (https://gitlab.com/fbb-git/yodl.git).  Building YODL
> itself requires "icmake" which is unavailable, and not installable via
> "brew" (Homebrew).

Yes, you do need the Yodl package (binary plus other files, so it's not
trivial) if you want to get all the way yourself.

Sorry I was unclear --- the Doc package comes from the source *site*, not
within the source distribution.  So latest (a little out of date but should
be absolutely fine for your needs) is at

https://www.zsh.org/pub/zsh-5.8-doc.tar.xz

BTW as you were asking about other sources of help offlist, but this is more
widely useful:  there is an active chat group that recently moved servers, though I don't
use it myself.  This should definitely go in the FAQ.  I think the following is up to date
(despite the misleading date associated with the page, you'll see the message has been
recently updated):

https://zsh.sourceforge.io/Arc/irc.html

pws