Re: coloring substitution seems to eat next line.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 7:00 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2022-11-10 15:27, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 3:07 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Yabut MBEGIN and MEND are showing values that are never explicitly set,
> >> they are showing some internal workings surely?
> > They are set by the (#m) operator in ${cc//(#m).../...} ... try
> > looking those names up in the manual page, hmm?
> If I ever cross paths with them again, then yeah.

Why wouldn't you do this as soon as they began exhibiting behavior you
found mysterious?

> What I
> wouldn't give for a glossary or a sort of overview of zsh syntactical
> elements

You mean like maybe the six indexes at the bottom of the page here?
https://zsh.sourceforge.io/Doc/

> '(#i)' -- so I've learned -- is a regex not a glob not a
> pattern match not any other sort of animal.

That actually is (part of) a glob.  The (?i) thing for PCRE is not
going to be in the zsh doc, of course.