Re: path PATH

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 4:57 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But that begs the question of what 'hideval' really achieves if
> in fact it's not hidden at all.

It does what it says on the tin. From typeset docs:

    -H specifies that typeset will not display the value of the
    parameter when listing parameters

> ... looks like I must still 'typeset +H' to see the real value -- keys
> and values that is.

These are not "real" values. You can choose any representation you
like. It looks like you want this:

    printf '[%s]=%s ' "${(@kvq+)bg}"

We keep going in circles. If `typeset -p` doesn't do exactly what you
want, it doesn't mean it's broken or bad. If it was *impossible* to
produce the output you want, that would be actually bad. Up until now
all output that you've identified as desirable was shown to be
possible to produce without extending zsh. This means there is no need
to extend zsh. If you want to produce some output but don't know how,
ask.

Roman.