Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-30 08:09, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

We keep going in circles. If `typeset -p` doesn't do exactly what you
want, it doesn't mean it's broken or bad. If it was *impossible* to
produce the output you want, that would be actually bad. Up until now
all output that you've identified as desirable was shown to be
possible to produce without extending zsh. This means there is no need
to extend zsh.

I've agreed to that several times.  My humble opinion is that typeset -p should produce a more complete output but that's just me.   Don't take this stuff more seriously than I take it.

Actually he just wants

  typeset -m bg

... yup.  Just when I reconcile myself to my ... = !hidden! ... then I see that hideval or not, one *can* see the value after all.  Ok, I surrender: typeset -p is a masterpiece of helpful, informative clarity.  And hidden values are still entirely visible just as one would expect from something hidden.  Got it.