Re: .zsh_history

On 2023-04-08 10:27, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

Perry's options (which I've quoted in my original reply) require him
to exit zsh before history is written.

I do remember that one's control of history is essentially perfect, you can get just about anything you want.  History is one of those features of zsh that is tractable and understandable without too much head scratching and without any weird gotchas. Only thing missing IIRC is being able to pull apart: "$ echo command one; echo command two; echo command three" into it's constituent commands.