Re: bug in completion/expansion of files with LANG=C

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 06:03:09PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> You mean output everything remaining in the string as special codes
> rather than real (multibyte) characters?  Yes, that would make sense.

I didn't code that up yet, but I did commit an improved version of
mb_niceformat() that avoids truncating a name at the first erroneous
character (taking into account your other feedback on my prior patch).

> This would make my patch for probing for wcswidth() redundant.

Cool -- I was hoping that would be the case.  I got rid of all the code
that used wcswidth().

> I think it really needs the length of the string here.  The width
> produced by wcs_nicechar() is a printing width, which isn't the same.

I see that I misread what the returned width was measuring.  Thanks!

..wayne..