Re: dir/*<tab> expansion doesn't work with directories with apostrophe in the name

On Jan 18, 10:57am, Axel Beckert wrote:
} Subject: Re: dir/*<tab> expansion doesn't work with directories with apost
}
} On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 06:20:29PM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > The _expand completer and _expand_word widget via compinit appear to
} > handle these quote marks correctly, as of 5.0.5.
}
} Not sure if I got it right, but I think I can also reproduce it with
} compinit:
}
} /tmp/zsh-test -> zsh -f
} kiva6% autoload -Uz compinit
} kiva6% compinit
} kiva6% ls a\'b/*<Tab>
} (Does not work, rings the bell.)

You need to try <ctrl+x e> instead of <tab> here, or add something like

    zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete _ignored

otherwise you're still using the built-in expand-word underneath.