Re: ulimit -a: -r vs -N [was Re: pkgsrc patches for zsh]

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:11:02 +0200
Thomas Klausner <tk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thread        (-r threads    ) 160

> If I raise the threads limit here to 161, the value for "-N 11" in zsh
> is also 161, so it's the same limit.

I'm presuming you don't have RTPRIO (so there's no clash)?  What's the
name (enum or #defined) of the limit referred to as "threads", i.e. with
the value 11?  Should be in something like /usr/include/sys/resource.h
or something included from there.

gcc -E /usr/include/sys/resource.h | grep RLIMIT

might be enough to answer both questions.

I'm not sure we have an existing preprocessor test for NetBSD, so if we
need to disambiguate uses of -r we'll need that.

pws