Re: ulimit -a: -r vs -N [was Re: pkgsrc patches for zsh]

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 05:26:42PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:11:02 +0200
> Thomas Klausner <tk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > thread        (-r threads    ) 160
>
> > If I raise the threads limit here to 161, the value for "-N 11" in zsh
> > is also 161, so it's the same limit.
>
> I'm presuming you don't have RTPRIO (so there's no clash)?  What's the
> name (enum or #defined) of the limit referred to as "threads", i.e. with
> the value 11?  Should be in something like /usr/include/sys/resource.h
> or something included from there.
>
> gcc -E /usr/include/sys/resource.h | grep RLIMIT
>
> might be enough to answer both questions.

The gcc statement, for some reason, doesn't work, but:

./sys/resource.h:#define        RLIMIT_NTHR     11              /* number of threads */

# grep -r RTPRIO /usr/include
#

> I'm not sure we have an existing preprocessor test for NetBSD, so if we
> need to disambiguate uses of -r we'll need that.

"uname -s" is "NetBSD".

Let me know what else I can provide to help here.

Thanks,
 Thomas