Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2 / Occassional hangs on Test/A05execution.ztst

On Aug 14,  9:50am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Those tests make quite nasty timing assumptions.  I'd definitely be
} inclined to suspect the test rather than the shell.

It is true that the test assumes ( printf "%d\n" {2..20000} ) will take
less than 5 seconds, but that should cause the test to report failure
rather than to hang.

( coproc { read -Et 5 || kill -INT $$ } ) ought to send the signal in
5 seconds regardless of what else is happening, so the question is
why is that signal either not being sent or being ignored?

I guess my first inclination would be to change the final "read -Ep" to
"read -Et 6 -p" just in case it's that step that's hanging.