Re: zsh 5.0.5-dev-2 / Occassional hangs on Test/A05execution.ztst

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 09:25:27AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Aug 14,  9:50am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Those tests make quite nasty timing assumptions.  I'd definitely be
> } inclined to suspect the test rather than the shell.
>
> It is true that the test assumes ( printf "%d\n" {2..20000} ) will take
> less than 5 seconds, but that should cause the test to report failure
> rather than to hang.

So far I wasn't able to reproduce the error in a setup where I can
debug it yet. I've run the testsuite successfully about 70 times each
for the dynamically linked zsh as well as the statically linked zsh on
kfreebsd-amd64.

I'm now back to trying to reproduce it on that (linux amd64) machine
were I initially run into it a single time. With some luck, I may be
able to trigger it and then debug it.

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)