Re: PATCH: completion utility function for lists

Preliminary question:  I noticed these changes got committed/pushed.  Are
we rushing this in before the release for some reason, or will the release
be made off an older tag (in which case we'll need to branch (?) to put
in any patch for the "cd /" warning issue)?