Re: bug report: vi mode yank should yank to 0 register

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> It might therefore be acceptable to make 0 an alias for ".  But maybe
> that's a big can of worms...

Zsh doesn't really have a " register either. And that's effectively what
you're getting anyway. You type "0, and get a beep. When you now do a
paste, you're getting the default. We don't associate a register
character with the default.

Given that in vim, an ordinary yank should affect both " and 0
registers, a question for Gábor is: what exactly did you type, what did
you get and what did you expect?

Trying to speculate, I'm guessing it was "0p to get the last explicitly
yanked text ignoring any intermediate changes/deletions.

Oliver