Re: Vim special marks - Re: PATCH: highlight pasted text

On Jul 24,  9:06pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Subject: Vim special marks - Re: PATCH: highlight pasted text
}
} Vim has special marks for jumping to the start and end of the most
} recent change: `[ and `]. There's also `. which is similar. In effect,
} this is much the same as yankb and yanke after a paste. I think it'd
} be better to make something more general like that available. It's
} a feature I use quite a bit in vim. Is there anything in emacs like
} yankb/yanke?

Emacs moves MARK to the position of CURSOR from before the yank, and
then places CURSOR at the end of the yank.  This seems to apply whether
using internal commands or pasting from the X clipboard.  There are no
other special marks as far as I know.

However, it does not highlight the text between MARK and CURSOR as a
region unless you e.g. exchange-point-and-mark after pasting.  Region
operations like indent-region act on the pasted text, though.