Re: PATCH: highlight pasted text

Bart wrote:
> } > }    zle yank
> } > }    zle -R
> } > }    zle read-command && zle $REPLY
> }
> } That might want a split-undo in the middle there.
> Before or after read-command?

Shouldn't matter since read-command neither inserts or deletes text nor
changes histline.
It would need to be after the 'zle yank' and before the 'zle $REPLY'. So
in practical terms, you'd put it before because of the &&.

> Upon further thought, it might actually be preferable to do
>
>     zle -U "$KEYS"
>
> instead of "zle $REPLY".

Yes, I think that is preferable. You might want zle -U - "$KEYS" just in
case the next key is -, however.

Oliver