Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44371
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx,Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>,Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 22:51:53 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1558993923; bh=5BV1oS0rdth2y4KqmEx7CkfMfEZh1aiDNc6l9rmWc/c=; h=Date:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:To:From; b=4KSdRyuo2nZkCvgGzG8frbiSiPBPyvrUqz0Ia7QCzL7tcVvpbQxiwTUM4vBX7VOau VeRHo3ArXjwd+hAE98gMej3ugjfEtvpVqWtZtSI3PgoTmyfVVKg8prPLZNzCNGdtw6 fWkvJk7wvMXTDTna6AlCYN+E/D9SMCxywyjUiqWoiDGNi7b20pThgF410spfW7Qh7n O0a2J/j/HiP84t20tWsCys3DDi1TvDR+gGA7+KJjONiZzqb0ScI8mFUZ95UwtizI4a DEf8MPtxzqvpntoFYWhW+LN48uB3daAVb1hvWDLjNuH00pAK6DAOGNoUZAuuHVjWt1 nWxv3LdUBwLNg==
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMr_pjF-n-uVAtSQtd4m_WwTtYmNgyzpe6=d4GW6u1Zypw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAN=4vMpx_B5TRNQzDAvBoTFszoKea2=uQr5xjd0vZVH6py+oVA@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAN=4vMo9oZ19n5kwNiNDjSHQAnNJHXRBPSfZstN7QOvXgN3WrQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAKiz1a8wkSkCz6snNrQRdS3npNkMdC-yUgL7SKnKwHL_RZVSdg@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMo9uK1BPqwAF=i7pEbOVuhhSWxVXi75Wb-pMjo9rvkRtQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAKiz1a8ZKX2JDwRsAEgHq-W9w4_A-8J6as57p7aa=jjR+tmgzA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMrWnwvRHKu+9QGaXK48odyFwn8ORQiJzkB+NBbjOOxiOw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKiz1a-nOkAe42JoxFRgMJ+LXZ3fgMxqgwNZOW+2Y45oqzu8hA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMpeG8sA3ReySo+8D3GP8=AT1gzNDgNHRZ8gDgVqy4OLNA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMqP+5KeCBa3cAZB8shtnc5YBvP2OrWVZ6yPC0tz_oGqMw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAN=4vMpckSGsFjy2=J7nXiDRnmLRv87gv3AXV8u158raf7fTDw@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAN=4vMr_pjF-n-uVAtSQtd4m_WwTtYmNgyzpe6=d4GW6u1Zypw@mail.gmail.com>
As you'll see I'm not set up for a properly literate reply, but I presume Bart has been busy and hasn't had a chance to look again - presumably it's at least more likely to work than it was and this should go in. I'll try to remember when I get back to a computer tomorrow if no one else has.
I'm not sure it's been cleared up why it was failing in some cases but apparently not down to terminal type, which could come back to haunt us.
On 27 May 2019 16:36:55 BST, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Thu, 23 May 2019 22:53 +00:00:
>> > On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 11:36 PM Daniel Shahaf
>> > wrote:
>> > > I've attached the patch to the email. You can also find it at
>> > > >
>> > > .
>> > >
>> > > In general, please always include patches with the email (inline
>> > > text/* attachment) so they'll be archived. Feel free to add
>> > > links too, of course.
>> > >
>> > The email you are replying to should have an attachment named
>> > rprompt-indent.patch. Is it not getting through?
>> It did get through, sorry for not being clear about that.
>My apologies if I'm being too pushy but I can anyone please merge the
>in? The bug that it fixes has been causing users grief for a long time.
>would be a shame if it fell through the cracks.
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Messages sorted by: