Re: Official plugin manager?

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 5:34 PM dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You've responded to me saying 'instead of providing fine control over the
> profile set-up it could simply give them some good defaults' with 'OK, but
> first we need to add more complexity in order to provide finer control over
> the profile set-up'

It has been our long-standing practice to recommend that package
builders/installers do NOT create /etc/z* files, or make them minimal,
so as not to interfere with users own initialization files.  Maybe
it's time to relax that, or at least to provide a suggested skeleton
.zshrc -- which we could connect to zsh-newuser-install to be slurped
in without having to go through all the questions if you just want to
"feel lucky".

I've been noodling with a default completion setup module for a while
(though haven't worked on it in months) and we could certainly do a
better job of exposing the prompt theme system since pretty prompts
apparently are what many people go looking at OMZ to find.