Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Git-add completion should show full file paths
- X-seq: zsh-workers 45742
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Git-add completion should show full file paths
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:21:31 +0000
- Cc: dana <dana@xxxxxxx>, Amyn Bennamane <amynbe@xxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7bO57UHB2-iJzG=TSnbHL8CQ-yZyg5Pv=+obXjPJNF3ag@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAJ=fZjNLqQi3oLvzf3pd9j7OVKNMS3i_759dFrNWPkOM7yYKug@mail.gmail.com> <585FABCB-9B6A-47F8-886E-B24E359F8F51@dana.is> <CAH+w=7bJT2C6u+4q7Q_+eqyJTqFhEsNmzHHOt2BxzEAf6y+9=Q@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAH+w=7bO57UHB2-iJzG=TSnbHL8CQ-yZyg5Pv=+obXjPJNF3ag@mail.gmail.com>
Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 28 Apr 2020 20:42 -0700:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 11:01 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Bart Schaefer wrote on Mon, 27 Apr 2020 21:35 -0700:
> > > ... call something OTHER THAN _multi_parts if you don't want the
> > > strings treated as having multiple parts?
> > That'd force everyone to use the "list of all files" semantics.
> I don't mean unconditionally call something else. I mean, check a
> style and either call _multi_parts, or not.
I assumed making _multi_parts opt-outable would be useful for all uses
thereof, not just for the _git-files one.
> > > That could be put into a wrapper function around the two possible
> > > _wanted calls above, if it were desirable to have it somewhere other
> > > than in _git_files.
> > Seems like this would also allow people to use «zstyle -e» to choose
> > between the two behaviours dynamically, which could be used to
> > implement the "if there are more than x files" semantics dana described.
> Yes, or the algorithm for that could be built into the wrapper and
> activated by a style value.
Sure. Personally, though, I'd recommend to test-drive potential styles
using «zstyle -e» (or other means) before adding them to _git as
first-class supported APIs.
Messages sorted by: