Re: More rabbit-holes with unset variables

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 6:09 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How strings in C are typically declared and how scalars are
> represented in zsh are not the same thing.
>
> I deliberately chose to write char[] to demonstrate that zsh scalars
> are never null pointers.

But we were not talking about zsh, we were talking about shell in
general. Specifically the POSIX standard.

You are mixing and matching. First speaking about POSIX, then about
scalars, then about "char []", then you say "the shell language
doesn't really deal in anything else."

In the context of shell in general they are strings (scalars and "char
[]" are zsh-specific).

--
Felipe Contreras