Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48405
- From: "Daniel Shahaf" <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Marlon Richert" <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: "Zsh hackers list" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install
- Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 19:22:40 +0000
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48405>
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-workers/2021-04/517e1598-053c-42b3-9da0-4ddd8734bd37%40www.fastmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20210405183602.GB22397@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <B865F477-D72B-426F-9691-268C2E65EC85@dana.is> <EAEB39F8-6DEF-4BC0-A7E4-A59B16DBDF2F@gmail.com> <D2248BF1-5045-4F68-89F0-F92C903EF73D@dana.is> <20210225080519.GA22300@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDtR6LCZy_2Ks-KATn9T3xyMmNh=ifxiHF4+KhO5uT-Cxw@mail.gmail.com> <20210227132121.GA9308@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDvDHnzx7Nus1HpCdEgViOYWAMQ7NfYaC2T=Ozn8iVx4=Q@mail.gmail.com> <20210325011534.GD18178@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAHLkEDugCK_Qxfc4254UHqEdM5xHdWZ8o+0eewOhc6nEhhhZTg@mail.gmail.com> <20210405183602.GB22397@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
Daniel Shahaf wrote on Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:36 +00:00:
> Marlon Richert wrote on Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 17:00:20 +0300:
> > I haven't heard anything from Debian's, Adélie's and ALT Linux's Zsh
> > package maintainers yet.
> > Should I ping them again or just wait a bit longer?
> They'll have read your first message to them. What would be the reason
> to ping them again? Is there an impending code change that would affect
> the to-be-pinged downstreams' users, patches, etc.?
> Your message to them was phrased as "Please review this patch to the
> upstream project".
That's a paraphrase, not a quote.
> Pinging such a request could be taken for
> entitlement, especially given that patches to the upstream project
> should be discussed upstream, and that you've received some reviews
> already, including from other downstreams.
Messages sorted by: