Re: CSS for Zsh website?

A width should be set to a percentage, not a character width, if set at all.  It really should only be set when you have sidebars you want to display.  Too many web designers are or want to be graphic designers and want the kind of control they have on a printed page.  This is why they set white backgrounds, which look great on paper, but are like staring into a light bulb on an LED display.  That's just one example of taking choice out of the users hands.

A web page should mostly be left in the hands of the user unless you have specific reasons to force a certain display.  Don't try to choose the general font, don't limit the width, and don't force the foreground and background colors for general text.  And if you do set one, for God's sake, set the other. It's one thing to set a foreground and background to set off a certain section of text, it's another to force the user to view it in the way that works best for you.

Code boxes should probably have a width set to 98%, so it doesn't require scrolling the whole page to see the extra long lines.  (Though the writers of code should keep their code to a reasonable width and use line continuation rather than run-on lines for readability)

We are Unix people, a platform built on flexibility.  You have created one of the most flexible shells in existence.  (Which is why I've used it for 25+ years)  The website should reflect that flexibility.