Re: The request of words matter updated

-1 on the patch because I don't believe people who disagree with the
change feel comfortable saying so publicly.

I will also point out that tracking the terms used by the formal parameters
in the callee's header files or documentation, as proposed upthread — is
a clear, objective criterion; makes the terminology decisions Someone
Else's Problem; makes the code easier to read; and involves less churn.
Without advocating for that particular solution or considering what
downsides it may have, I do wish to say those properties thereof seem
desirable.