RE: Re: The request of words matter updated

On Tue, 27 Sep 2022 16:15:04 -0500, Clinton Bunch <cdbunch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For PTYs=C2=A0 I like the terms controller and subsidiary.=C2=A0 It seems=
>  to=20
> describe the relationship better than other suggestions.=C2=A0

BS. See me previous message.

> The use of=
> =20
> superior and inferior as otherwhere suggested strike me as eventually=20
> running into the same problem of being emotionally charged.

These are technical terms. Within context, they are only emotionally
charged for people who underrate the technical meanings of those words.

Next me'll complain that cat(1) is a speciecist name for a program. Or
that biff(1) *really* is out-of-date not just in function, but also in
name, and we should change it promptly. Or that wump(6) is demeaning to
real wumpuses. Or...

Let's not go down that road, people. Please.

       --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!