Re: The request of words matter updated

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022, at 4:01 PM, Eric Cook wrote:
> 2) not even zpty's documentation in zshmodules(1) refers to the existing terms.

I thought so too, but it turns out there is a single instance.  I'm
actually surprised there aren't more.

> 4) It's not similar to changing the default branch in zsh's vcs repo or
>     changing listmaster@xxxxxxx, faqmaster@xxxxxxx in any way. if the
> change happens
>     within a week it will be forgotten again, if even noticed.

Yup.  As far as I can tell -- and as Chen Xiao Ling noted in their
original message -- nothing we've been discussing is externally
visible (other than the aforementioned bit of documentation).

>     zpty isn't commonly used from what i can tell, i imagine people
> looking at its source code
>     are even fewer.

If cosmic rays were to spontaneously apply Peter's patch, it would
take literally years for anyone to notice.

https://sourceforge.net/p/zsh/code/ci/master/log/?path=/Src/Modules/zpty.c

--
vq