RE: Re: The request of words matter updated

Haai,

On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 15:25:13 +0100 (BST), Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Once that's established, perhaps someone could arrange for an online vote
>> at one of the websites that do that?  Given no technical change results
>> from any of this, opinion is all we've got, and there's evidently no
>> sign of a consensus.
>
> This appears to be where we're going.  I'll do some research on this, but
> if anyone has pointers to a good place for an anonymous vote, let me know.

Anonymous voting? Over the Interwebz? That'd be a great idea! :)

> Thanks for the various cogent analyses of the points on both sides.
> Beyond that, I don't think anyone has been called a Nazi yet, but there's
> still time.

(SCNR) You're no better than Hitler!

There, rectified that.

> I think the ultimate reason this is contentious is it's something of a
> curveball (googly in my terminology; nothing to do with Mountain View,
> if anything still falls in that category) --- it brings in a whole
> heap of things not usually expected on a technical list, so all of us
> in turn bring in a whole heap of our own non-technical ideas.  At
> least, that's about the only way to rationalise an involved discussion
> on two words in a file that (as has been pointed out) most people will
> never actually read.

Precedent. It has the potential to set a precedent that may lead to far
greater upheaval in the future.

Me's still pondering Bart's words (they tend to deserve that kind of
time).

        --zeurkous.

--
Friggin' Machines!