RE: Re: The request of words matter updated

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 05:48:01 +0000, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Let the variable names be chosen by a configure option.  (That means
>   generating zpty.c from zpty.c.ac.)  The option's name, its possible
>   values, and the behaviour when the option isn't passed will have to be
>   decided upon.

Me honestly feels that would be one of the worst possible outcomes, as
autocrap usage is rampant enough already and there simply no technical
reason to optionally change the names (apart from funky compat issues
that might arise when doing so).

Me's against the change, but if we make it, we should make it
unconditionally, not as a configure option, IMO.

> Dnaiel

Fnord.

         --zeurkous.

--