Re: Is there any desire to support languages other than English in zsh?

Thanks, Oliver, this reduces the responses I need to write to "me too"...

> On 08/06/2023 11:13 Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Agron Selimaj wrote:
> > What if we take the long path by starting small?
> >
> > Let me add gettext support, and we don't have to use it everywhere from day
> > one.
>
> This seems like a sensible approach to me.

Yes, I agree.  Adding this and checking the basics compile is already useful
work and doesn't need to be visible to the user immediately.

Your efforts in this direction would certainly be hugely appreciated by
the developers, thank you.  (I take it you're already on zsh-workers?)

> >     This is definitely not something we would want to dive into until
> >     after whatever the next zsh release is, is done.
>
> I don't think its especially helpful to put off any particular efforts
> on that basis.

I would tend to agree that as long as Agron is providing framework support
it can continue.  Branches are cheap if we decide we need them.  A roll
out of the feature is another matter entirely, but that's a very long
way off at this point.

It might even be useful to be able to check that our configure-time checks
are working with all the distributions --- if they're not this time then there's
no impact on users, so no panic^H^H^H^H^Hcarefully thought out update.

Thanks again
pws