Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: can't find termcap info
- X-seq: zsh-users 4257
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: can't find termcap info
- Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:17:08 -0700
- In-reply-to: <20010919005025.A18079@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20010918142514.A16873@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918053813.C13299@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918145958.A17178@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918062537.G13299@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918165111.B17411@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918155339.20305.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010918181329.A17722@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <010918121941.ZM8023@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4abc1a97d3vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> <010918151018.ZM8119@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010919005025.A18079@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sep 19, 12:50am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0 chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x2abf1d60, nb=24) at malloc.c:2814
> #1 0x2ab5c5ce in __libc_malloc (bytes=16) at malloc.c:2696
> #2 0x2aae1f09 in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #3 0x2aae2328 in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #4 0x2aae2b3b in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #5 0x2aae2bc8 in tgetent () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
As I feared, it's crashing in the termcap library itself; there's nothing
we can directly do about this.
> > If $HOME/.termcap isn't too huge, include that too.
> It's too huge: 748544 KB.
> I generated it with "tic -C -T terminfo.src"
Hrm. I'd be a bit suspicious of this; it's entirely possible that there
are termcap strings that the ncurses tgetent would accept but which the
(older) libtermcap tgetent would choke on.
Try either (a) copy /etc/termcap and append your nettle def'n to that,
or (b) edit down your ~/.termcap to contain just the rxvt and nettle
def'ns (and any that rxvt may depend on).
Either that, or you're going to have to "configure --with-curses-terminfo"
and rebuild zsh.
Messages sorted by: