Re: can't find termcap info

On Sep 19, 12:50am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x2abf1d60, nb=24) at malloc.c:2814
> #1  0x2ab5c5ce in __libc_malloc (bytes=16) at malloc.c:2696
> #2  0x2aae1f09 in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #3  0x2aae2328 in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #4  0x2aae2b3b in _init () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2
> #5  0x2aae2bc8 in tgetent () from /lib/libtermcap.so.2

As I feared, it's crashing in the termcap library itself; there's nothing
we can directly do about this.

> > If $HOME/.termcap isn't too huge, include that too.
>
> It's too huge: 748544 KB.
>
> I generated it with "tic -C -T terminfo.src"

Hrm.  I'd be a bit suspicious of this; it's entirely possible that there
are termcap strings that the ncurses tgetent would accept but which the
(older) libtermcap tgetent would choke on.

Try either (a) copy /etc/termcap and append your nettle def'n to that,
or (b) edit down your ~/.termcap to contain just the rxvt and nettle
def'ns (and any that rxvt may depend on).

Either that, or you're going to have to "configure --with-curses-terminfo"
and rebuild zsh.