Re: Re: idea for new feature (was: Re: sticky-note and zle bindings)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 06:13, Benjamin R. Haskell <zsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I couldn't find the original thread (more than two months ago?), so I'm not
> sure what I'm suggesting below covers everything.

It started on Jan 16th with an email by Andy Spiegl.

> Have you tried 'screen'?

Screen is somewhat similar, but tackles the problem on a different level.
This is something new which can act as an alternative, in some cases.

> On another, I have the command-line mercurial daemon and two
> command-line trac daemons running in screen sessions. If I SSH in
> and reattach, it's as if I never left.

Not quite true, as sometimes, when detached uncleanly, screen will
stop listening to STDOUT & STDERR of the programs that run within
it which makes some programs unhappy. irssi would be an example.
This takes us a tad too far from the topic at hand, though.

Richard