Re: surprise with echo

On 12/19/2014 06:55 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:58pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} I love this historical banter. How many guys still with the project
} overlapped with Falstad? Bart of course, anyone else?

I may be the only one.  Paul was my employee for a while immediately
after he graduated college.

} So vital to have known the mind of the master.

Chuckle.  When zsh was written he was a brilliant but inexperienced
programmer, trying to help his csh-afflicted classmates get used to
Bourne shell scripting.  He didn't continue working on zsh for long
after entering the real world.
Well well ... so who, really, is/was the master, I asks myself? ...
Why did he decide on a new shell vs. working on/with bash?
Does he keep in touch?

Much the same could be said of the man who added the programmable
completion system several years later.