Re: Can't tell the difference in operation between PATH_SCRIPT and NO_PATH_SCRIPT

OK, thanks.

At the risk of dragging this on, allow me to ask this simple question to make sure I got it:

Is there any way to run this command by itself on the command line:

> setopt pathscript

And have it affect the outcome of any subsequent commands? It looks like the answer is no.

It looks to me like the pathscript setting can only affect future commands if it’s either:

a) used with +o or -o as part of an argument passed directly to zsh while running a script
b) or if it’s set in a .zshrc file (or other config file) and then sourced when a new shell (interactive mode)

Please tell me I have this correct otherwise I’m still badly confused.