Re: triviality regarding $# counts

On 2024-04-13 14:01, Bart Schaefer wrote:
redline a b c
would mean

echo -e "$red$1 $2 $3$nrm"

One word, with two quoted spaces, instead of three words.
That simple example makes it trivially easy to understand.  I remember trying to figure that out previously via the manual and I just got more confused.  There's no merit to obfuscation tho you'd not know that reading some Linux/Unix man pages.  It's a critical lesson: what you see is not what you get, you hafta understand the hidden structure of your data.