Re: PATCH: zpty on HP/UX (and Mac OS X 10.3)

James Devenish wrote:
> % zpty -r date
> Wed Mar 17 18:17:21 WST 2004

Okay, good. Thanks.

> % echo $ZSH_VERSION
> 4.1.1

I tried building raw 4.1.1 and zpty has the same problems as for the
latest sources.

> I wonder if this is the version that is available as tarball/CVS from
> Apple's website?

Is this the tarball in http://darwinsource.opendarwin.org/tarballs/other/
Their zpty.c is unchanged from zsh 4.1.1.

Perhaps something was changed or fixed in Mac OS X 10.3 itself. If so,
it perhaps isn't worth expending too much effort trying to fix things for
older versions. Any chance someone with version 10.3 could try building
4.2.0-pre-4 (or latest CVS)?

> > If you build zsh on MacOS X.3, does it build the dynamic modules
> > without your having to install the dlcompat library?
>
> % locate dlcompat | fgrep -v /sw/fink
> %
> % otool -L =zsh

Okay thanks. So that tells us that it isn't dynamically linked against
dlcompat but it is still quite possible that they built dlcompat and
linked zsh against the .a file.

If you try man dlopen, does the manpage exist (outside of your fink
installation)?

Thanks

Oliver