Re: Unicode problem

"Mikael Magnusson" wrote:
> Combining characters combine with the character(s) that come before
> them.

Combining characters are definitely broken at that moment:  that looks
like a significant chunk of work (and what you say is already more than
what I know about the subject).

It looks like I was wrong: wcwidth() *is* returning zero for the
zero-width-space character, but the refresh code is written so that that
works the same way as width 1, so there is a fundamental problem here.
We could do a nasty hack so that characters whose width is zero are
treated the same way as non-printable characters, I suppose.