Re: Unicode problem

On Jan 21,  2:45pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} We could do a nasty hack so that characters whose width is zero are
} treated the same way as non-printable characters, I suppose.

In prompts, wouldn't it be sufficient for a zero-width character to
behave as if it had been written with %{ %} around it?  (Of course
that could still get all sorts of messy with PROMPT_SUBST if the
value of a variable contains a zero-width character.)

In the line editor I'm not so sure.  Treating it like a non-printable
character seems like a good first step.