Re: vi mode question.

On 12/06/2014 02:09 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Anyone who knows vi(m) will already know this, but for Ray et al.:

Thanks for that.  I wonder why there isn't (*if* there isn't) a compromise:
All the most basic editing/moving primitives working in insert mode like emacs or
the (what DOS/Windows people would call) 'normal' human editors, but
still having a command mode for the complexities (where emacs goes
nuts with all those combinations). You'd mostly be in 'normal' mode, but
when you needed to do some heavy lifting, 'command mode' would still
be there.  I haven't tried vi for a long time, I should try again.