Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area

On Feb 23, 10:46am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: Re: ANSI bg colour outside of prompt area
}
} On 2015-02-22 19:41:08 -0800, Ray Andrews wrote:
} > I'm thinking how cool it might be to have different builds on
} > different xterms showing different BG colors, so that it's easier to
} > keep track of which is which. But, yes, it is just a bon-bon.
}
} You shouldn't mix up the default background/foreground color pair and
} the current background/foreground color pair.

For what it's worth, the way I deal with keeping track of builds and
hosts is to include the host name and part of the version string in
the prompt, and color each of those differently.  The background and
foreground stay the same because I have them adjusted for maximum
readability.