Re: Best practices for managing aliases in ohmyzsh?

If you only intend to invoke these scripts via aliases and never
directly from interactive shells or from other scripts, then you don't
need to put them in PATH. You can invoke them via their full names
instead.

  alias foo='~/.local/libexec/bar -blah'

Yeah, good point. I can put these scripts anywhere. Probably best to use a variable for the directory path in case I want to change it.

This sounds like a saner plan than what I have started doing. Thanks for your advice.