Re: Best practices for managing aliases in ohmyzsh?

On 2021-09-01 11:22 a.m., Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
No. Those commands do work. You are either invoking the example
incorrectly or testing the results incorrectly.

https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/060
 Of course.  Like a sourced script, an 'executable' creates it's own fresh environment.  Doh.   I really should have figured that out. But ... Roman said it wouldn't work which is why I was primed to find it didn't work.  So there's still a loose thread.